scrapbooking paper at Croppin Paradise

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pleats, Pleats, Pleats Everywhere

How cute is this skirt?!? Oh my goodness, flirty, fun, and I lurve the added oomph that the pleating adds. Why in the world am I chatting about skirts? This is supposed to be an article about paper and glue. Maybe you like this one for my daughter a bit better. Just what every 1st grader needs for Valentine's Day, huh? Can't you see this skirt paired with a cute little red & pink number? Maybe one with some bling or chunky buttons?

Why all the talk about pleating? Isn't it obvious? I absolutely love to add paper pleats to my pages. I just pick up a scrap of paper and start folding away. Sometimes I fold in a nice uniform manner. Other times I just throw caution to the wind and just fold away all haphazard-like and irregularly. Or, I may choose to manuever the paper to follow another element on my page. I may even add some machine stitching down the entire pleat. Here's a look at a completed page with two examples of pleating...



Here's a closer look...



I really like the added layer the pleats add to my projects. Note the ends I cut on this one...



Just a small pleat added to another grouping of elements...


Here I layered 2 pleats one with tiny staples and another backed with some pop dots...

Buttons anyone?



Hope you found a little bit of inspiration in the pleats. If you do, we'd love to see your creations. Please add them to our Gallery. Have a great week. And see you around the Boards.
scrappinJenoffive

2 comments:

Crystal said...

This is a wonderful technique that I have not tried yet. You make it look so easy..I'm going to give it a go on my next page! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful layouts!

Jenny said...

update. just bought this skirt for Julia yesterday. standby for some layouts coming your way with these pleats!