scrapbooking paper at Croppin Paradise

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Design Tip Number 1 . ..

Hello CP blog followers . . . it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Andrea Tuttle, and I am an excited member of the new CP Design Team. One of my first assignments is to share a design tip with you.
Recently I was published in Simple Scrapbooks latest specialty issue titled: Scrapbook Play with Photos. My trick with the photo play was to create a silhouette of a person using a profile picture of them and then using the silhouette to create a really cool layout.
Here is one of my examples:

Note: This is not the published layout!!

To create this layout, I simply took profile pictures of my daughters. Then I blew up the images to 5 x 7, I even shrank some to wallet size for another project that I did, too. Then I carefully clipped the photo to a piece of black card stock. I used my extra sharp scissors to cut out the profile of my daughter. I found a quote, wrote it on a rectangle sheet of white card stock and then mounted that on to a frame that I hand cut out of another sheet of black card stock. I adhered the whole project to a brightly colored piece of card stock and then added a few embellishments. Easy and fun!!

Here is another project that I created using the same designs only on a smaller scale:
And here is the layout that was published:
Thanks, and I hope that you'll try this quick and fun design tip!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Thats a great idea Andrea, and the LO is very pretty.
Thanks for the tip

Valerie said...

Those are creative. I don't think I've seen that before! Thanks!

Lisa Spiegel said...

What a beautiful idea!! Very innovative..I can't wait to try it!

TLHarwick said...

This is an awesome tip! I think I might try it!
xoxo
Trish