scrapbooking paper at Croppin Paradise

Monday, March 23, 2009

Design Tip: Sanding

I love to sand the edges of my photos & papers! I actually started sanding & distressing the edges as a way to hide my imperfect cutting skills! ;)

I have often been asked how I sand my edges - it seems a lot of scrappers hold their paper and their files in the air as if they were inking the edges of their papers or photos. I actually lay my papers or photos on a cutting mat that I use specifically for sanding because it leaves the cutting mat dirty.

I use the inexpensive nail files or more recently I have discovered the Basic Grey Precision File Set - which is AWESOME!!! I own two of the BG file sets & if there is ever talk of them discontinuing them, I will stockpile them! :)

Here is a close up of a mini book cover sanded edges. I sanded the photo edges with a file & instead of cutting the paper around the scalloped minibook, I just used the small rounded metal files in the BG file set.


Here is how I file the edges of paper & photos:


If you have any questions, just let me know!

I hope you give sanding a try & post your work in my Design Tip thread so I can check it out!

~Carolyn

No comments: