scrapbooking paper at Croppin Paradise

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meet Guest Design Team Member - Joan

If you have been stopping by to see us in Paradise, you may have noticed a talented and fun scrapper joining the ranks of the Design Team! In September we held our first Guest Designer Challenge and the winner was:

Joan Borgelt!!

I wanted us all to have a chance to get to know her so I asked her some questions - here are her answers..

1) How long have you been scrapping?
I have been scrapping for about 12 years.

2) How did you get started with scrapping?
My brother-in-laws girl friend invited me to a Creative Memories party and I was hooked.

3) What are your 3 favorite manufacturers?
It’s hard to pick just 3, but I LOVE 7 Gypsies, Basic Grey and Making Memories.

4) Where do you draw most of your inspiration?
I’m inspired by everything and anything . . . sketches, new techniques, fashion, magazine advertisements, paint swatches . . . and the list goes on.

5) If you were to describe your style, what would it be?
I have a combination of styles:
Hip/Modern – I like trying new techniques and my color choices are bold and assorted.
Romantic – Distressing and inking are my favorite techniques. I love layering paper and if I can find a way to use ribbon and flowers on a boy layout I will.
Shabby-Chic – I love all things vintage, well worn and peeling. Experimenting with mixing colors, patterns and textures is very forgiving. My mistakes are taken as part of the look I was going for.

6) Is your scrap space messy or neat?
Most of the time neat – I’m one of those people who has a place for everything and think everything should be in its place. I’ll finish one layout and put everything away before I start another.
7) Do you snack while you scrap? What is your favorite scrappy snack?
I don’t snack while I’m scrapping but I do have to have my diet Mt. Dew

8) If you could scrap with any “Celebrity Scrapper” who would it be and why?
There are so many talented scrappers out there! I’d have to pick Jenny Bowlin because I’m in awe of her shabby/vintage style.

9) What is your favorite part of being a member at CP?
When looking for a scrapbooking site to belong to it was important for me to find one where the members were friendly, uplifting and fun. I also wanted a site that offered new products and was full of inspiration. I found it all at Croppin Paradise along with some excitement with all the great contest and challenges.

I also got the chance to peek at some of Joan's fabulous work !!! and because I am nice, I am going to share...



2 comments:

Mama Tuttle said...

Yeah Joan!! Love the layouts!! Congrats on being our guest designer!!

Kathy said...

Congrats Joan!! I enjoyed learning more about you. I love your work. Your grandkids are lucky to have you creating great memories for them.